WELCOME!

This is an ongoing US and global project to help enthusiasts, scholars, practitioners, and curious parties learn more about shamanic living in a contemporary culture. The space here is devoted to sharing info, experiences and opinions about all forms of shamanic expression covering shamanism's multiple permutations. Among subjects explored are traditions, techniques, insights, definitions, events, artists, authors, and creativity. You are invited to draw from your own experiences and contribute.

What is a SHAMAN?

MAYAN: "a technichian of the Holy, a lover of the Sacred." CELTIC: "Empower the people...by changing the way we think." MEXICAN APACHE: "Someone who has simply learned to give freely of themselves..." AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL: "...a teacher or healer, a wisdom keeper of knowledge... (who) takes people to a door and encourages them to enter." W. AFRICAN DIAGRA: "views every event in life within a spiritual context." HAWAIIAN: "...human bridges to the spiritual world and its laws and the material world and its trials..." QUECHUA INDIAN: "embodies all experience." AMAZON: "...willing to engage the forces of the Universe...in a beneficial end for self, people, and for life in general."


-- from Travelers, Magicians and Shamans (Danny Paradise)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Synchronicity

Even though we don't communicate constantly as a tribe, similar events are happening to many of us at the same time. I was in Barnes & Noble Sunday, expoloring the"New Age" (like about 3000 years?) secition when all alone, cover out, was one copy of Nicky Scully Alchemical Healing. I did not know of this book, but it all but jumped at me, I could not have missed it if I tried. I was lost in a lot of our alchemy work reading, hiow could I not give it a second study?

I am also trying to relate better to my cards. They are spot on for me, and when I do a reading, I am beginning to intuit an overall picture, but I have not been diligent in learning my cards as individuals and in their meaning for me and for others. I have planned to research each animal and journey to it for meaning, to make my readings less of the book and the 'booby prize" according to Robin.

More to the point, how many of us are feeling ther same issues in our own ways at the same time? Coincuidence? I think not. I'd love some input.

No comments: