WELCOME!

This is an ongoing US and global project to help enthusiasts, scholars, practitioners, and curious parties learn more about shamanic living in a contemporary culture. The space here is devoted to sharing info, experiences and opinions about all forms of shamanic expression covering shamanism's multiple permutations. Among subjects explored are traditions, techniques, insights, definitions, events, artists, authors, and creativity. You are invited to draw from your own experiences and contribute.

What is a SHAMAN?

MAYAN: "a technichian of the Holy, a lover of the Sacred." CELTIC: "Empower the people...by changing the way we think." MEXICAN APACHE: "Someone who has simply learned to give freely of themselves..." AUSTRALIAN ABORIGINAL: "...a teacher or healer, a wisdom keeper of knowledge... (who) takes people to a door and encourages them to enter." W. AFRICAN DIAGRA: "views every event in life within a spiritual context." HAWAIIAN: "...human bridges to the spiritual world and its laws and the material world and its trials..." QUECHUA INDIAN: "embodies all experience." AMAZON: "...willing to engage the forces of the Universe...in a beneficial end for self, people, and for life in general."


-- from Travelers, Magicians and Shamans (Danny Paradise)

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World" Mahatma Gandhi

Depending on your perception of where you are in your world it would appear that people are on the verge of snapping. As I walked my dog Max this morning who is constantly being stopped for being "sooo cute", we stepped out of the elevator into quite a large lobby. He had his leash on and was walking very close beside me. A woman came in the front door and literally "if looks could kill" sent energetically bolts to me. She took one look of utter disgust to Max and me. I have to say I was taken aback and did feel her poison arrows. I sent her some peace perhaps she was having a bad day.
Moments later as we were walking back tot he apt on a very large sidewalk a woman came up behind Max and me and started yelling "to get out of her way, we were taking up to much sidewalk"!. I looked around and once again Max was walking very close to me and could see there was room to pass on the right or the left side. I think because of the first incident I reacted and yelled at her "have a nice day" sarcastically not with love. As I walked back I thought how could I have handled that better. So spirit worked quickly and reminded me of Ho'oponopono.
 Ho'oponopono's meaning is to rectify an error or to make right. The theory is that everything in your life has to do with your thoughts, feelings and personal energy field. There is that saying two people can witness an act but both of their experiences will be different. This is do to their belief systems, and what they have in their energy fields. 
This technique is very shamanic, to start visualize any negative experience as an error in your energy field, when you have created a visual image send pink light (love) to the problem. Say, "Please forgive me", or "I'm sorry. I love you." imagine in your mind the solution tot he problem. It does not matter if you do not have  a solution the intention is what matters just by sending the pink light (love) to the problem helps.
We are all burdened by the past , our memories are tied to emotion which affect us by subconsciously  associating an action or person in the present with something in the past.
The Kahunas from Hawaii see this as a subconscious creation coming from your field. Instead of blaming someone else or walking away from the incident, one would send POSITIVE energy rather than negative.
Violence begets violence, positive energy tends to neutralize an emotion or an event, creating the possibility of an observer state.
In experiments with quantum physics  the observer state shows outcomes changing, or possible outcomes when an observer is present. When we are in observer state  we can change ar eminds or reactions.
An example of this is the shaman Dr.Ihaleakala Hew Len who cured a complete ward of criminally insane patients without ever seeing them! He would study the inmates chart  and then look within himself to see how he created that persons illness. As he improved himself , the patient improved as well.
Dr. Len did not see the patients physically, but as he worked on himself he noticed that the patients began to heal.
The ward was not a pleasant place to work in, due to the environment there was  a high turnover of staff or people were sick or just terrified of being attacked by the patients.
Dr Len noticed after a few months patients that were heavily medicated were off drugs or patients that were shackled were now walking. Eventually the ward closed.
When Dr . Len was asked the question: What were you doing WITHIN yourself that caused those people to change? "I was simply healing the part of me that created them," he said. He further explained that total responsibility for your life means that everything in your life, simply because it is your life, is your responsibility. In a literal sense , the entire world is your creation.
If you take responsibility for your life , then everything you see, hear, touch, all your senses, any way you choose to experience is your responsibility because it is your life. So whatever you experience that you do not like , the economy, your boos or spouse, it is up to you to heal. They do not exist except as projections from inside you. The problem is not with them it is with you, and to change them You have to CHANGE YOU.
I know blame is far easier than total responsibility but if you want to improve your life , you need to heal your life. Ho'oponopono means loving yourself.
What did Dr. Len do when he was studying the files of patients he said " I just kept saying, "Im sorry and "I love you" over and over again.
So today I learned instead of reacting to those women who are not OUT THERE they are IN ME I can say "I'm sorry I love you" I can be the change I want to see in the world. 

No comments: